The BOGE Rubber & Plastics Group is one of the world's leading companies in the field of rubber-metal and plastics technology. We develop and manufacture products for the automotive industry for vibration damping, suspension of chassis and drive train as well as lightweight plastic modules. With our pioneering spirit, our technological and material expertise, we have been a reliable partner for our customers since 1931. Our technologies are also used outside of the automotive industry, such as in the agricultural industry, railway industry or shipping. At our 11 locations worldwide in Brazil, China, Germany, France, Mexico, Slovakia and the USA, around 4,000 employees generate a consolidated annual turnover of around 671 million euros.
Plans, directs, coordinates and checks manufacturing processes in manufacturing plant for improved process flow in order to maximize efficiencies by performing the following duties.
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- · Assists in the planning the strategic short and long-range training needs.
- · Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing productivity and process improvements on current production.
- · Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- · Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- · Determines product specifications for the purchase of equipment, materials, tooling or parts, according to specifications and quality standards.
- · Contact potential suppliers for production equipment and makes the final technical choice.
- · Follows the evolution of the equipment and performs acceptance evaluation accordingly.
- · Responsible for the implementation of the equipment on the floor from delivery to hand off to production.
- · Responsible for documentation, preventive maintenance plans and training.
- · Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs on old and new productions to provide information for management decisions.
- · Applies knowledge of Elastomeric materials to develop processing parameters and assist production if problems are encountered. Provide documentation of process parameters to production.
- · Confers with management, design and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- · Supports day to day production.
- · Involvement in team meetings with production workers to help determine and develop areas of improvement.
- · Works on new programs as assigned (APQP tasks).
- · Responsible for creating procedures, PFMEA’s, and work flows in an effort to meeting QS-9000 requirements.
- · A working knowledge of statistical methods and SPC charts.
- · Estimates future manufacturing requirements and potential, helps to ensure that the quality of the product produced meets all customer requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- · Bachelor Degree in Engineering from a four year accredited college or university with 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in automotive.
- · Knowledge of quality systems, IATF 16949
- · Demonstrated excellence in Safety performance.
- · Professional demeanor, leads by example, and is self-motivated.
- · Experience in Lean and continuous improvement programs.
- · Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- · Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
APPLY HERE: Plastics Process Engineer