The BOGE Rubber & Plastics Group is one of the world's leading companies in the field of rubber-metal and plastics technology. We develop and manufacture products for the automotive industry for vibration damping, suspension of chassis and drive train as well as lightweight plastic modules. With our pioneering spirit, our technological and material expertise, we have been a reliable partner for our customers since 1931. Our technologies are also used outside of the automotive industry, such as in the agricultural industry, railway industry or shipping. At our 11 locations worldwide in Brazil, China, Germany, France, Mexico, Slovakia and the USA, around 4,000 employees generate a consolidated annual turnover of around 671 million euros.
This position directs all aspects of Plastics Production to meet or exceed customer expectations in terms of safety, quality, delivery, and product cost while staying focused on meeting internal expectations regarding safety, quality, delivery and profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONISIBILTIES:
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure production standards are met around such key areas as Customer Orders, Quality, and Safety compliance
- Coordinate daily production activities and resources to ensure operational metrics are achieved
- Comprehend the regulatory environment and company policies, and ensure production systems, documentation and processes are in compliance at all times
- Develop personal knowledge of equipment and manufacturing systems to provide a highly competent resource for all three shifts
- Provide technical expertise to resolve and or troubleshoot production related issues
- Build technical competencies within all production shifts team by sharing knowledge, coaching and providing for ongoing training
- Ensure all shifts implement and utilize solutions and technologies in support of improved safety, quality, continuous improvement and optimization of manufacturing processes
- Oversee the accurate and timely completion of production records
- Remove waste and constraints from the Production Processes to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity
- Coordinates Production equipment modifications and adjustments with Facilities Management
- Available and on call as a resource to the operation during all hours of operation
- Fosters an environment that is passionate about working safely
- Ensures all safety and incident reports are competed and communicated in a timely manner
- Manages Plastics Supervisors who supervise Plastics Production departments
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor Degree in Engineering from a four year accredited college university with 5 + years of progressive manufacturing management / leadership experience with responsibility for an entire department or shift and or equivalent experience.
Knowledge of high-speed manufacturing and Plastics processing
Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills