The BOGE Rubber & Plastics Group, headquartered in Damme (Germany) is a top player among the leading worldwide automotive suppliers in the field of rubber-metal parts, chassis and powertrain suspension mounts and precision-manufactured plastic components. The group of companies employs about 4,200 people generating an annual turnover of approx. EUR 820 million (consolidated) at eleven locations. In the USA, our manufacturing plant is located in Hebron, KY with a sales office located in Novi, MI. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
In Hebron, KY-USA, we are looking for a passionate
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Confers with management, design and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Supports day-to-day production.
- Involvement in team meetings with production workers to help determine and develop areas of improvement.
- Works on new programs as assigned (APQP tasks).
- Follows the evolution of the equipment and performs acceptance evaluation accordingly.
- Responsible for creating procedures, PFMEA’s, and work flows in an effort to meeting QS-9000 requirements.
- A working knowledge of statistical methods and SPC charts.
- Estimates future manufacturing requirements and potential, helps to ensure that the quality of the product produced meets all customer requirements.
- Work with the Design Engineering Team, Customers and Suppliers in the development of determining the most likely elastomeric compound to comply with specifications/requirements.
- Work with Production to improve established processes and scrap rates.
- Supports day-to-day plant operations to ensure efficient production methods with the molding process.
- Assists Production in the establishment of processing parameters for new molded parts.
- Assists with customer complaints/corrective actions related to compounds.
- Determines the physical properties of new compounds and sets incoming inspection “gates” at Suppliers and plant.
- Maintains rubber database.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or a related field with 3-7 years of experience rubber development and training in elastomer formulation.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment that may include internal or external customers and rubber suppliers to meet required desired specifications. Experience in molding (compression, injection, or extrusion), Elastomer compounds (Natural Rubber and Silicone-Rubber).
- Ability to use PC based office software, and CAD tools are required. Excellent Time, Project Management and communication skills are necessary.
- Exciting and challenging tasks in an international structure
- High freedom in task management and a comfortable work environment
- Training in the US and Germany
- Goal-oriented collaboration with a motivated team
Now it’s up to you:
Show us what you can do. Use your expertise and skills to make a significant contribution to our growth strategy.